SubRee is a tool app that batches renaming subtitles. You can find its documents here.
SubRee contains the preferences for subtitles that are in English, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese. If your subtitles are in other languages, you should add them in the preferences. Preferences How to
SubRee through algorithm ignores irrelevant words, finds video names and pairs and renames subtitle files to video files. So SubRee can rename one series in whole season or all seasons.
SubRee moves subtitle files to the folders that contain video files by default. However, if a user specifies a destination folder, SubRee will rename the subtile files and move all files to the folder.
SubRee can remove irrelevant files, like nfo files, exe files and txt files, by their extensions.
SubRee can remove empty folders after files are moved.
SubRee can detects English, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese by default. A user can adds more languages. All revising to preferences are taking effects immediately. The user changes the preferences and the results in preview changes accordingly.
A user can enable preferred subtitle base on his preferred on the language of the subtitle. Video player automatically plays the preferred subtitle if there is one.
Dec. 13, 2016, 1.0 build 1612 finished
Dec. 14, 2016, 1.0.1 build 161201 finished
- some security capacity request was rejected by App Store, change code accordingly.
- On this website, change documents accordingly.
Mar. 1, 2017, 1.1 build 170301
- Main Window always on top. This makes it is easier to drag files from Finder.
- Preview Window always on top but under Main Window.
May 8, 2017, 1.5 build 170508
- Preview Window's title is no longer shown as "Window".
- New design on Window Closing, fixed two issues:
- An issue that when minimize or hide preview window, "go" button on the main window will be disabled.
- An issue that when minimize or hide main window, closing preview window no longer disables the "go" button.
- Preview window will hide automatically when SubRee is not in active mode. Because I found the changing in last version made it occupied to many spaces of screen. If you can't see the preview window, just click the main window.
- 2.0 version is under early design. I have noticed that current UI is somehow complicated for some users. The next version will be more friendly design.
- For 1.x users, 2.0 will be a free update. However, the price will be doubled of current price after the first promotion.
2.0.0 build 20191201
- 2.0 is a free upgrade.
- Support macOS Dark Mode.
- More intuitive UI.
- The Main UI is divided to up and down parts, more intuitive.
- Simplified and reorganized the Preferences. Added tools for adding, deleting and editing.
- In progress window of moving files, providing more information, including current moving speed and size of rest files.
- Other than main window on the top, the preview window and preferences are on the top as well, in case they will be obscured.
- When files/folder are dragged to main window, the preview window will set to the front automatically, in case some user thought the app is not running.
- Optimized all alert windows on how they were shown.
- Supporting macOS 10.13 and later.
- Updated the App icon.
3.0.1 build 20220726
- New app icon.
- Main app now is free.
- Added IAP.
- Users can purchase by file amount or buyout.
- App's window no longer kept on top. Users can choose on top if needed.
- Preferences are synced by iCloud Key-Value. Purchased info is synced by iCloud Keychain.
- Optimized UI.
- Updated 3rd party frameworks.
- Updated translations.